Saturday, February 11, 2012

Green Banana Silk


Motivation:
  • Feel excited about this yarn and about doing a quick project that's for me
  • I loved receiving this yarn as an unexpected gift, and wanted to complete this project before the next time I see the giver
  • I wanted to get back into a satisfying creative routine



Inspiration:
  • A weaving buddy gave me this yarn at a spring weavers guild meeting. I was so touched. I don't get surprises very often! (Especially not pleasant yarn surprises!!)
  • I would love to create an open, spring-like scarf to wear in spring and fall indoors (not my usual, keeps-me-warm-in-winter scarf!)

What I liked about this project:

  • I really like how the yarn and pattern work together to show off the luster and irregularities of this yarn.
  • I tried lots of dropped stitch patterns, and really like that this one combines knits and purls with the dropped stitches to make a more interesting scarf.


Pattern: Opera Scarf by Laurie Kimmelstiel

Yarn: Frabjous Fibers Banana Silk Yarn

Just under 1 skein of yarn used.

Needles: US 10 3/4

Finished size: 5 1/2 x 56 inches

On Ravelry

5 comments:

Theresa said...

Very pretty and what a wonderful color. You know how I love green and that is one spectacular delicate green. I think your scarf pattern is just the perfect choice!

Delighted Hands said...

Excellent combination of yarn and pattern-it will warm your heart every time you wear it!

Lois Evensen said...

Very nice. The yarn is pretty and looks like it's fun to knit.

bspinner said...

How cool!!! Green banana yarn. I love the scarf.

Leigh said...

Who wouldn't want to wear that around their neck! Mmmm. Silk and green, a perfect combination.