- Feel excited about this yarn and about doing a quick project that's for me
- I loved receiving this yarn as an unexpected gift, and wanted to complete this project before the next time I see the giver
- I wanted to get back into a satisfying creative routine
- A weaving buddy gave me this yarn at a spring weavers guild meeting. I was so touched. I don't get surprises very often! (Especially not pleasant yarn surprises!!)
- I would love to create an open, spring-like scarf to wear in spring and fall indoors (not my usual, keeps-me-warm-in-winter scarf!)
What I liked about this project:
- I really like how the yarn and pattern work together to show off the luster and irregularities of this yarn.
- I tried lots of dropped stitch patterns, and really like that this one combines knits and purls with the dropped stitches to make a more interesting scarf.
Pattern: Opera Scarf by Laurie Kimmelstiel
Needles: US 10 3/4
Finished size: 5 1/2 x 56 inches