Monday, January 2, 2012

Yule Log Cake

I know on the day after New Year's, when everyone is trying to be healthy, the last thing you all want to see is a giant chocolate cake! I'm sorry!!!

At Christmas, for the first time ever, I made a chocolate Yule log cake. I had to save a picture of it here so I can find it again another year.


Meringue mushrooms are surprisingly tasty!! (The cake is delicious too....although I'm in more of a salad mood today!)

The recipe (a giant tutorial from King Arthur Flour) is here.

I hope your holidays were wonderful and that 2012 brings so much light, laughter and love into our lives!

5 comments:

Joan Murray said...

My mother always used to do the Julia Child version. very tasty. Although in later years, my mother cheated on the frosting, and used one stick of butter and one bag of chocolate chips. yummy also.

Lois Evensen said...

Chocolate cake is ALWAYS welcome! Chocolate is a food group, you know. :))))

Delighted Hands said...

Agreed-my diet might get strict but it always includes chocolate! This cake is a beauty! Nice job.

Theresa said...

Chocolate cake is always welcome, esp. with those cute mushrooms. Oh YUM!

Marsel said...

This is so cool...I especially love the mushrooms! They look so real.