What I liked about this project:
- Easy, but still interesting
- Fun to see how the two variegated yarns I used interact
- The scarf is noticeably different from other things I've knit
What I learned from this project:
- When my intuition says "you don't have enough yarn", it's usually right!
- Have enough yarn to begin with!!
Yarn: Classic Elite Desert and Regia 4 ply
Pattern: Multidirectional Diagonal Scarf
Needles: Size 7
Amount of yarn: 2 skeins Desert and less than 1 of Regia
Finishing: Wash for 3 minutes in warm water with Woolite. Dry flat.
Finished size: 6.25 x 63 inches
Pattern modifications: Cast on 63 stitches
I haven't decided yet whether to keep this scarf, or give it as a gift. Maybe it will head to my gift bin for a while.
Or maybe, since we finally have snow on the ground, and sleet still falling, I'll bundle up in this scarf next time I go out!
Getting started (in March 2009)
Out of yarn!
Unraveling this scarf