Friday, January 13, 2012

Diagonal Scarf

My backup knitting project for the last few years (gasp!) has been this multi-directional diagonal scarf.


What I liked about this project:
  • Easy, but still interesting
  • Fun to see how the two variegated yarns I used interact
  • The scarf is noticeably different from other things I've knit


What I learned from this project:
  • When my intuition says "you don't have enough yarn", it's usually right!
What I'd do differently next time:
  • Have enough yarn to begin with!!

Yarn: Classic Elite Desert and Regia 4 ply
Pattern: Multidirectional Diagonal Scarf
Needles: Size 7
Amount of yarn: 2 skeins Desert and less than 1 of Regia

Finishing: Wash for 3 minutes in warm water with Woolite. Dry flat.

Finished size: 6.25 x 63 inches

Pattern modifications: Cast on 63 stitches

I haven't decided yet whether to keep this scarf, or give it as a gift. Maybe it will head to my gift bin for a while.

Or maybe, since we finally have snow on the ground, and sleet still falling, I'll bundle up in this scarf next time I go out!

Related posts:
On Ravelry
Getting started (in March 2009)
Out of yarn!
Yarn Shopping
Unraveling this scarf
Starting over

10 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Love the look of the scarf-the results and the intricate knitting must have been fun, too! Not having quite enough yarn is part of the thrill of 'extreme knitting'!

Hilary said...

That is striking! Love it.

Alettesiriane said...

Wearing this scarf will brighten your day.

Theresa said...

Well, it's awfully pretty. Neat pattern, I'll have to go check that one out too! :)

Acorn to Oak said...

I really like it. I've been thinking of knitting this scarf for years. Your scarf inspired me....I just ripped out a shawl I knew I'd never finish and I think that yarn would be perfect for this project. Thanks for the inspiration!

Threadbare Designs said...

This is quite striking - so different from other handknit scarves. I think it's worth all the time it took. You should definitely enjoy it this winter!

Deanna said...

Love multidirectional scarves - did one in blues and greens in bamboo yarn and it's still one of my favorites. :-)

Sharon said...

What I like are the many blues. I think you had plenty of yarn!

weaver said...

I like the result of combining the yarns. It makes the scarf so lively and dynamic. Looking back at the original concept, it was not as exciting.

Dangelo Bryan said...

Hi thanks for sharring this