Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Finished Cowl

Very soft, very cushy, very warm.

Notice how the wrong side of the cowl looks like large sections of knit woven together.


I finally finished my first cowl. I do have a fleece cowl that I use a lot in the woods when it's really cold. This knitted cowl will be prettier and could be worn around town.


Quick to knit, but I couldn't knit this while chatting. I don't know if other people count lace in a different way than I do, but I was counting in my head....and definitely got confused if I stopped mid-row.



Needles: US 8 wooden double-pointed needles
Yarn: 1.5 oz (.85 of a skein) of Princess by Classic Elite
40% merino, 28% viscose, 10% cashmere, 15% nylon, 7% angora
Color 3432
Pattern: Lush-ious Swirl Cowl by Linda Frydl

We're having an unusually warm winter so far, so I've barely had the chance to use my new cowl. I'll bet I'll get a chance to use it soon though!

Related posts:
Starting this cowl
On ravelry

8 comments:

Pomegranategrl said...

Pretty. The color and pattern are perfect together.

Lois Evensen said...

How pretty. I love that pattern. I'm like you, I have to count if doing such a pattern, but always keep a "simple" project nearby when I want to be sociable. :)

Janice Zindel said...

Beautiful cowl, they are wonderful to wear. I just added two more to my coat closet basket. Knitting them is addictive!

Theresa said...

Great pattern and color! Here's hoping for some good cold weather so you can show it off. I know it's going to look fabulous.

ladyoftheloom said...

We are having avery cold day for VA. Yesterday it was also very windy!

Of all the things I have ever knit in my life I have worn my cowl the most. It is a scarf. It is a bit of color. It is a face warmer for dogwalking.

Acorn to Oak said...

What a beautiful cowl! It looks very complicated. I can understand needing to be able to concentrate while you knit it. I love cowls. They're cute, warm, and easy to wear....no long ends to fall off or into things. Enjoy!

Sharon said...

It's lovely. Happy New Year, Sue.

Delighted Hands said...

Very pretty and just in time for winter!!! I really like the pattern.