Thursday, January 1, 2009

Healthy Start to the New Year?

This morning I needed a jump start. I wanted to try a new muffin recipe, and I wanted it to be sweet.

I found this recipe for Golden Chocolate Chip Muffins from King Arthur Flour.

The somewhat healthy thing about these muffins is that they use white whole wheat flour....so there's plenty of whole grain goodness mixed in with a very cookie-like flavor.


Note that even if I had taken action photos of these muffins coming out of the oven, there would not have been any smoke!! (Unlike certain other recipes in this blog!)

I did modify the recipe slightly, shortening the cooking time to 23 minutes, since other bakers complained about these muffins being a bit dry. These muffins were not dry when I first took them out of the oven. Unfortunately, after the first day, the muffins were pretty dry.


I loved them!! Jim thought they tasted too much like giant cookies. Is that a bad thing somehow?

No comments: