- We scored free tickets on Southwest last fall that we must use by October 19 this fall.
- We held onto those free tickets all winter thinking we might desperately need a break. But we didn't.
- Earlier in the summer, I had a weaving conference to attend, then we had a family vacation at the beach in August.
- We looked at where Southwest flies and what we like to do and came up with the idea of wildlife watching in Rocky Mountain National Park.
- Then we added on a side trip to Moab, Utah to revisit Arches National Park, and see Canyonlands for the first time.
Here's the route we're planning to cover: (Hindsight really is 20/20!)
View Larger Map
PS: Just a quick note. This trip happened in late September and early October. I'm blogging about it in order and posting on the dates that events actually occurred. But in Google reader, the posts come up like the trip is happening now. Sorry if this is confusing!!