Thursday, September 24, 2009

Going our Separate Ways in the Rockies

Today Jim and I are pursuing our own interests.

Jim will be outside from 6 a.m. until 7 p.m. (basically until all light is exhausted) photographing wildlife with a class.

I will be taking a guided history walk with a park ranger - have I said yet that I love park rangers?

This afternoon I'm heading to Boulder on a fiber visit.

There is a lot of wildlife in Estes Park. This morning, in the 20 minutes it took to drop Jim at his course, I saw a coyote leaving the Safeway grocery store parking lot, and I was shocked to find a giant elk with huge antlers just off the road across from our condo. (I was doing a U-turn after driving right be our place....so it was stunning to see an elk just feet from the front of my car!)

No pictures....still too sleepy!!

1 comment:

Delighted Hands said...

And you thought possums were a road hazard! Whew!