Friday, December 18, 2009

Technology

It's what's for Christmas.

(It's also the assignment for the week at Digital Photography School.)

I have a bit of a technology theme to my Christmas gifts this year. (I've been authorized to look at my gifts before Christmas arrives, I promise!)



There are a few months each year when we disconnect the hose every time we use it since it's likely to freeze overnight.

Now I have this nifty quick connector which will make that process much easier and less finger-chilling!

When Bailey needs a bath after romping in mud on his daily walks, my fingers won't freeze!

It's the little things sometimes!


Spiffy new flash that can point toward the ceiling or at any angle so I might be able to use a flash more often with less disastrous results.

I haven't experimented much with the flash yet (since it isn't even Christmas), but when I figure it out I'll let you know! It would be great to take good indoor photos with a flash sometimes - especially if I can photograph textiles with it.

Weaving note:
Any photo is improved if it includes a warp rep background!! (Yes, details will be forthcoming!)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice cloth! I can see some subtle colour play. looking forward to the info. ;) Evelyn

Anonymous said...

I can tell that you've been to Becky's for the holiday "Vav Stuga Days". Lots of great warps, eh? Sorry we didn't cross there...I went Saturday and finished off that same warp...very pretty. Looking forward to your post about it.

Barbara

Life Looms Large said...

See? The background for the photo did make all the difference!

Barbara, that's funny that we were at Vavstuga only one day apart. I went with a friend on Friday. I can't believe I ended up there during my blog break....because of course I wanted to tell all of you about it right away. Too bad we didn't meet. That's cool that we wove on the same warp though!

Sue

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

The warp definitely makes the photos....You flash is worth getting excited over. Taking pictures in the miserable lighting we've had, has been challenging at best.

Theresa said...

Ohhh, you got to go to Vavstuga???? Lucky girl .
The rep weave is lovely. Full view PLEASE. ;-)
Oh, and the camera flash isn't so shabby either.
I need to find one of those quick release hose connectors. I sure could use it up with the paddock water bib and hose.
And of course weaving could fit in with technology.
I mean were they specific to this time and place? ;-)

Delighted Hands said...

Excellent background choice!

Life Looms Large said...

Hopefully I'll have time soon experiment with the new flash. We definitely have poor lighting almost constantly!

More details on the rep during the week I promise!!

Sue