It's a little embarrassing to finish a project in January. If I'd had it done by Christmas, it would have been a Christmas gift.
Now it will just wait until the next gift-giving opportunity. (Maybe that means I have my first gift ready for next Christmas!?)
I sense a post coming on the subject of deadlines and me. But that's another topic for another day.
What I liked about this project:
- Gorgeous yarn
- Knits up fast
- Perfect social knitting - interesting without being difficult
- I will repeat that I LOVE this yarn
- I knit more often when I'm actually going to my knitting group meetings
- Deadlines and I don't get along
- I think this scarf could still be at least a little wider.
- Buy enough of this yarn to knit something for myself!!
Yarn: Misti Alpaca Handpaint Worsted in color 035 (Inca Red)
Pattern: Free Pattern: Ribs and Ruffles Chunky Scarf
Since I used worsted weight yarn, I used 2 strands together to simulate chunky yarn.
Needles: Size 13
Amount of yarn: 5 oz (1.4 skeins)
Finished size: 4.5 x 50 inches
Pattern modifications: Cast on enough extra stitches to add 1 more repeat of the rib.
I'm finally on ravelry with this project.
Starting this project