The rules of accepting this are as follows:
1. Choose a minimum of 7 blogs to give this award to that you feel to be brilliant in content and design.
2. Show the 7 winner’s links on your blog and leave them a comment informing them that they have been given the “Honest Scrap.”
3. List 10 honest things about yourself that people may not know.
I'm going to try to contain myself to weaving blogs, and I'm hoping to choose weaving blogs who haven't received this award yet.
A few of my favorite bloggers have been inactive lately, so I'm afraid tagging them with this award would mean that they'll feel even less likely to blog. We can't have that!!!
(But I certainly could tag: Deanna, Tim, Janet if it motivates them!)
Here are some of my favorite weaving blogs:
Charlotte with her great sense of design, and her geographic location so far north of me.
Sheila - potter extraordinaire, plus a new weaver
Jennifer - perceptive and creative, tapestry weaver and dog lover
Something Woven This Way Comes - She's been weaving and blogging about it for years, yet somehow I just discovered her blog last week!
Tromp as Writ - the only blogger I've met in real life (in line at WEBS!)
Kristin - A Massachusetts weaver and Etsy phenom, who I will get to meet in person next week!
Handweaving Today - Great photography, beautiful weaving, a new loom, cats - everything a blog should have!
10 things about me (Can't vouch for whether they'll be interesting....but most of you probably don't know them yet!):
- In high school, one of my dreams was to become a novelist.
- Now I dream of visiting Machu Picchu.
- I love chocolate. I hate coffee. My hatred for coffee is so thorough that I don't even like mocha. Put a little coffee in an ice cream flavor and it's safe from me!
- My oldest Unfinished Object is a Merry Christmas needlepoint I started in high school. I still like it, and hope to finish it before Christmas this year. I just have to frame it (but the framing is complicated.)
- My resume: Career 1: Software developer then manager. Career 2: Various jobs at various non-profits (group home for teenaged girls, homeless shelter, United Way). Career 3: Who knows?
- Not a social drinker or social smoker - but I am a social knitter. (OK, I might also be a social drinker!)
- I took a hang gliding class at Jockey's Ridge in North Carolina.
- Bailey had to take puppy kindergarten twice....one of us failed - and since they're training the human, it might have been me!
- A quote that I've loved for my whole life : "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." --Ralph Waldo Emerson
- I am unbelievably excited about the knitting patterns for a hermit crab and a starfish that I saw for the first time today.