Wednesday, February 24, 2010

DPS: Main Dishes

Continuing with the food photography theme, the assignment at Digital Photography School this week is "Main Dishes".

I learned one important trick. If possible, take pictures of leftovers. Then I'm not hungry or fretting over whether the food will still taste good by the time I'm done photographing it!


Spaghetti pancake
(Small recipe just for me)

Or, totally prepare the table, plate, background, camera and everything else you can think of, so that as soon as the meal is ready, you can snap pictures quickly then start to eat.


Turkey Piccata
(No recipe link for this one because I don't recommend it!!)

Believe it or not, I cannot wait until food photography month is over!! (Weird since I love food and I love photography....but I do not like to combine them!!)

My favorite photo in this post: Pasta Primavera Verde
My favorite recipe in this post: Spaghetti pancake

10 comments:

Angie Willis said...

I too will be glad when you've finished your food photography because my recipe book's getting overfull with all these wonderful dishes you're photographing. I shall definitely try the spaghetti pancake :o)

Synnøve. said...

Spaggetti pancakses looks nice...

Hope al is well.
Hugs Synnöve.

Theresa said...

I want to know about those pretty pine tree dishes with the turkey! Two thumbs up on the pancake. :-)

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

I totally appreciate what you're saying. My family thinks I'm a little over-the-top snapping pictures before eating -- it is a little bizarre. I love the greens in your broccoli dish. Very rich looking.

DEEP END OF THE LOOM said...

Spaghetti pancake, hmmmmm I have to try this one. The food photos look fab.

ladyoftheloom said...

I love the greens in the broccoli dish and the spaghetti pancake. Those are things that make me hungry!

My daughter told me that food stylists use substitutes for food when it is difficult to photograph, such as using a scoop of vegetable shortening for ice cream in a photo. The only thing I have any luck photographing is bread.

Anonymous said...

mmm - all look so good! and the plates! and am I seeing some handwoven napkins tucked in there too?

Donatella said...

I love the spaghetti pancake! We call it "frittata di pasta" and I get to the point of cooking excess pasta only to have leftovers for it!
I love your blue patterned plates too!

Jennifer said...

You've made me quite hungry!!!! I love readings the other's comments about the dishes!

Jenny B said...

The Pasta Primavera Verde looks so yummy. Nice appealing colors in the photo.