Monday, February 8, 2010

Help Solve a Toika Mystery

Update: The mystery is solved thanks to Birgith and Wiebke! The question is in this post, and the answer in the next. Thanks to everyone for their ideas and help!! I really appreciate it!

***********************

I'm stumped. Tal, the owner of a Toika loom and of this mysterious loom part, is also stumped.

Hopefully you can help us figure out where this loom part gets attached to a Toika loom.


We both thought it might somehow attach to the beater - like at the top so the bumpers would protect the beater from hitting the castle.

But the screws are too short for that. (There are two screws that are 3 3/4" long topped with an 1 3/8" long x 1 1/2" diameter piece of gray rubber attached that has 6 holes on its bottom.)

The loom is 14 years old.

If you've got a Toika and can explain where this part goes, that would be a huge help!! Please comment or email me (or blog about it and show us a picture)!!

I thank you!!! Tal thanks you!!! And the loom that's missing this part thanks you!

9 comments:

Synnøve. said...

I cant help you beacuse I dont what it is....
Hugs Synnöve.

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

I wouldn't have a clue. Good luck though!

Anonymous said...

I answer in German :
Die Hängelade hat solche Stopper,damit sie am Brustbaum nicht so hart anschlägt.
I don`t know the english Words.

best wishes wiebke

pleas use the translator..

Theresa said...

Well, you have your answer, but I was thinking a stopper on the castle ( not on the beater) on either the back if the back beam fold up, the front of the castle or a foot for under the loom or bench so it doesn't scratch your floor.

emma said...

The stopper should be mounted on the outside of the loom to stop the beater from damaging the stand. Here is a link to Toika´s website. You can see the stopper at the picture featuring the Jaana loom.


http://www.toika.com/gif/jaana.gif

Julie said...

NO clue!

Delighted Hands said...

No idea what it is but you have taken a very pleasingly colored picture of it!

Silky said...

I have no clue what that might be. Maybe a foot under the bench?????I'm looking forward to seeing the double weave.
Have fun

Life Looms Large said...

Thanks for the help everyone!! I'm so glad we could figure it out!

Now I want something like that for my loom. The other day when I was winding a warp on the beater smacked into the castle at one point. I'll have to see what I can rig up!!

Sue