Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Getting Ready

A few weeks ago, I blogged about painting warps for the first time.

I thought I was days away from being ready....and days away from receiving my dye.


Tencel for scarves

Now, I do have the warps wound.

I really should get the dye by weeks end.


Tag cut from milk jug that I will mark with a Sharpie (waterproof, washable)



Sketches of rejected ideas



Lots and lots of perle cotton!

Hopefully, I'll be able to show you some beautiful colors on these warps soon!!! Fingers crossed for good luck!!

I am eternally grateful to Cindie at Eweniquely Ewe for her warp painting instruction!!! (But, of course, any problems I encounter are totally on me!!!)

11 comments:

Cindie said...

wow - you're going to paint a lot of warps! can't wait to see them.

LA said...

I can't wait to see Part 2!!! This will be fun to watch.

Acorn to Oak said...

How exciting! I can't wait to read about your dying adventure and see all the pretty colors! :-)

Sharon said...

Bloglines didn't tell you posted - I almost missed this. I'm all ears, or eyes as I guess the case would be. I clicked on that link you provided and find yet another blog that I need to know about. Thanks! I've never done a painted warp. Can't wait for the drum roll.

Theresa said...

I think we need to make Cindie the Patron Saint of Weavers.
That is a lot of warp. I'm extremely impressed.

Delighted Hands said...

Lookin' forward to a great tutorial from you on warp painting!

Valerie said...

Looks like a great way to add some color to these gray days!

Jennifer said...

Exciting! I look forward to seeing the results!

Julie said...

I can't wait to see how they turn out!

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

Good luck....You're always so ambitious and into something new. Kudos to you!

Lynnette said...

Great looking beginning - looking forward to seeing all the lovely ideas and colours you come up with