Monday, February 15, 2010

Colors of February

It's time to show our February colors!!

Inspired by a comment from Jennifer at Finding the Real Me, in the fall I started photographing colors in nature as sources of inspiration.

I'd love it if you'd join in!!!

Without further ado, here are my colors for February:


Hawk in a snowstorm - just after it tried to capture a bird at our birdfeeder


Sunrise


Logs tied to shore near Lowell's Boat Shop (Perhaps they're curing them?)


Log railing at LL Bean


Icy Merrimack River


Gulls


Lots of blue skies so far this month!

I'd love it if you'd join in!

The rules are simple:
  1. Take photos of natural colors wherever you are
  2. Put them in a blog post that links back to this post (so other people can find the challenge)
  3. Add your link to the MckLinky below.
I'll welcome in March by summarizing this list, so please join the fun and inspiration by the end of February!



Previous months:
Colors of January
Colors of December
Colors of November
Colors of Late October

14 comments:

Theresa said...

Oh what a handsome hawk! Nice blue skies too.
I'm going to try to get back on the Color's bandwagon. It's been so dreary here. No sun for at least 2 weeks.
Every day starts out with drizzle and seems to hold off the downpour until it's afternoon hay tossing time!

Benita said...

I think I will! It'll have to be this weekend, though.

What lovely soft colors in your neck of the woods. I have to admit, when I scrolled down to the picture of the icy river, I shivered. Brrrr!!!

Jennifer said...

Ha ha ha! I've been thinking about this already and I hope to get some great colors this week - if all goes well there could be a surprise in my post! Ha ha ha!

charlotte said...

The photos are so beautiful, as always! And the hawk is amazing.

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

Lovely pictures.....We went to LL Bean on our honeymoon -- 20 years ago. I still dream of that place.

Synnøve. said...

The second pictures I liked best....
Nice to se your colours of february.
Hugs Synnöve.

Sharon said...

Lovely. You live by L.L. Bean? That would be dangerous for me.

Delighted Hands said...

Great variety in your colors......your photography is really growing!

Julie said...

I love just looking at your wonderful pictures. You have a talent there!

Anonymous said...

Your photos are awesome and beautiful! I finally have a chance to catch up with your adventures and they are great, I just love the hawk photos and the farm animals. Thanks, Sue, your posts are like a breath of fresh air.

Eva :)

Leigh said...

Fantastic photo of the hawk! Or course, all of them are good. I'm working on mind. Maybe in a couple of days(?)

Anonymous said...

Love the hawk in the snowstorm - what a wonderful picture!!

Leigh said...

Mine are up! Glad to see folks joining in, even if it's slow like me. :)

Janet said...

Hi Sue - I just put up my colours of February. I'm not quite sure if I have linked to McLinky. Your February colours are wonderful. Are you blanketed with snow now? february 26. My sister in Milford is without power and is feeling cold and lonely in the dark. She has gone to her grandson's home.
Janet, in relatively warm Seattle